of the Library
Welcome to the Rowayton
the community of Rowayton, a separate taxing district of approximately
1,500 households in the City of Norwalk, Connecticut, Rowayton Library
has many of the services of larger libraries without sacrificing its
The physical Library collection consists of more than 31,000 volumes
and over 25 periodicals. More than 2,500 DVDs and audio books are also available.
The children's library is located at the entrance of the Library (on the car park side) in its
own room. The children's collection consists of 14,000 volumes and over
600 DVDs. Audio books are available as well. Children's Story
Hours are presented throughout the year on Thursday and Friday mornings. Special programs are provided for pre-school
through 8th grade readers each summer. To see what library programs are scheduled, you may view our online calender.
Your library card is free and may be obtained at the main desk. This
"Connec-ticard" may be used at any public library in the State
Wide Library Card System. Books may be borrowed at one library and returned
at any other library within the system.
If you do not have a library card and are a resident of Rowayton, you may apply online HERE.
Additional services and
Computer access to the Internet.
Computer access to the State of Connecticut Online Databases through iCONN.
Material access to the collections of the State of Connecticut public and academic libraries through reQuest.
Material access to the collections of the consortia libraries of Bibliomation through our online catalog.
Home delivery of books to sick and
Copier machine available to public
at nominal charge.
Pre-school story hour.
Films and special interest programs.
Fees & Fines of the Rowayton
Fees & Fines of the Rowayton Library
The following Fees are in effect for services at the Rowayton Library:
- B/W printing...$ .10/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Color printing...$ .25/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- B/W copying...$ .10/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Color copying...$ .25/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Outgoing fax...$2/first page, $1/each additional page
- Incoming fax...$ .25/page
- Use of Scanner...FREE (flash drive required)
- Use of WiFi...FREE
- Use of Computers...FREE
All Fines for materials borrowed from the Rowayton Library and returned late are: $ .10/day except the following:
- New Adult Fiction Books...$ .25/day
- New Adult Mystery Books...$ .25/day
- New Adult Non-Fiction Books...$ .25/day
- All Audiobooks (Playaway format)...$ .25/day
- All DVDs...$1/day
- All InterLibrary Loan materials...$1/day
- All Museum Passes...$1/day
Loss of an item will incur a charge of the cost of replacement of the item plus a $5.00 service charge for processing.
There is a $5.00 cap of fines per item. Patron accounts with fines of $5.00 or more cannot place HOLDs ONLINE until their account is cleared.
If you have any questions about the Fees and Fines listed here, please feel free to contact the Director at (203) 838-5038 or Email