Fees & Fines
The following Fees are in effect for services at the Rowayton Library:
- B/W printing...$ .10/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Color printing...$ .25/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- B/W copying...$ .10/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Color copying...$ .25/page (11" x 17" paper is considered 2 pages)
- Use of Shredder...$1/minute (first minute FREE) *maximum - 6 minutes per person/day
- Outgoing fax...$2/first page, $1/each additional page
- Incoming fax...$ .25/page
- Use of Scanner...FREE (flash drive required)
- Use of WiFi...FREE
- Use of Computers...FREE
All Fines for materials borrowed from the Rowayton Library and returned late are: $ .10/day except the following:
- New Adult Fiction Books...$ .25/day
- New Adult Mystery Books...$ .25/day
- New Adult Non-Fiction Books...$ .25/day
- All Audiobooks (Playaway format)...$ .25/day
- All DVDs and Wii games...$1/day
- All InterLibrary Loan materials...$1/day
- All Museum Passes...$1/day
There is a $10.00 cap of fines per item. Patron accounts with fines of $25.00 or more cannot place HOLDs or RENEW ONLINE until their account is cleared.
Loss of an item will incur a charge of the cost of replacement of the item plus any fines and a $5.00 service charge for processing.
All Returns put in the outside Drop Box before 9:30 am will be marked received for the previous day. In all other cases, we do not offer a Grace Day.
Materials erroneously marked with a Due Date when the Library is Closed (holiday, inclement weather, maintenance, unscheduled closing) will be then Due the next normal Library Business Day (and we apologize, if this happens, that we have caused you any inconvenience).
If you have any questions about the Fees and Fines or Returns listed here, please feel free to contact the Director at (203) 838-5038 or Email